Year after year Melbourne is celebrated as on of the world’s most liveable cities. So, why not make the most of this incredible city and celebrate it by using it as a fantastic backdrop to your wedding photographs?
Some ideas for locations to include in your Melbourne wedding photography:
1. Collins Street and Little Collins Street are great if you want to discover the historic side of Melbourne. This area is also packed full of boutiques and designer clothes so you can combine a shopping trip when scouting for locations. You might also be able to get one of the city circle historic trams in the shot if you time it well.
2. Flinders Street church attracts many international visitors couples planning to get married in Melbourne. Perfect for wedding photography of Melbourne because it serves as one stop for all requirements. This Church is located very close to the Flinders Street station which is one of Melbourne finest and most iconic buildings. A breathtaking backdrop, thats for sure! People often meet ‘under the clocks’ at Flinders Street station so it also ensures that everyone knows your wedding photos were snapped in Melbourne!
3. Melbourne Aquarium turns your wedding photography into one of Melbourne’s best and memorable wildlife experiences. You could even dive with and feed the sharks for your wedding photos?! Or how about an underwater ceremony? It’s been done before!
4. Federation Square hosts more than 2000 events every year and has some great angular edges to the building as well as some really unique features and surfaces. It gives a look of the modern side of Melbourne which makes the city so unique.
5. Finally, the Victorian Parliament building is one of Melbourne’s finest and grandest buildings from the gold rush era. It’s huge pillars and arches ensure that it really stands out in photographs, and frames the shot nicely.
If you have time and are willing to travel, then wedding photography in the Yarra Valley and Dandenongs is a great option as they both have plenty of great scenery and locations for the natural and outdoor look in you wedding photography. Ask us for some ideas – we’re always happy to discuss your plans with you.