Weddings at the Shearing Shed, Philip Island
The Shearing Shed is a vintage, rustic function and wedding venue located on the edge of Cowes, Philip Island. Sitting on 20 acres of land with a farmland surrounding it, the venue was originally a working shearing shed in the 1950s before it was renovated into a function and wedding venue that has maintained the country feel and look of its rich heritage.
The Shearing Shed is split between two levels, boasting a full commercial bar and kitchen which is overseen by their newly appointed executive chef. Although the rustic feel of the venue calls for minimal themes, there are some impressive transformations that have been made, with innovative concepts to further improve the space while still retaining its rustic and vintage look.
Just a few kilometres away from Cowes, The Shearing Shed has enough seating for over 100 people in their main dining room. For cocktail receptions, it can accommodate more than 200 guests.
Style of The Shearing Shed
- A beautiful farmland surrounds The Shearing Shed and with its renovation, it has managed to maintain its old country feel and look but this time, with many contemporary features
- The site has a large stage complete with audiovisual capabilities
- For on-site wedding ceremonies, there is an elegant but rustic newly renovated barn ideal for indoor weddings. For outdoor ceremonies, you can book The Billabong
- Wedding packages at The Shearing Shed offers complementary use of their grounds for your wedding photography
- Outdoor area and fully licensed bar – perfect for summer weddings
- Experienced and friendly
- Choose from multiple packages and food menus.
The Shearing Shed Weddings
The outdoor wedding ceremonies at The Shearing Shed are held in The Billabong. During winter months or inclement weather, The Barn is perfect for indoor wedding ceremonies.
This venue features a vaulted ceiling complete with open beams, an open fireplace, exposed brick walls, stage, dance floor, and bar.
The venue’s team of chefs comes up with contemporary Australian cuisine that makes use of seasonal and local produce. Their experienced staff is fully committed to offering personal service.
Tourist Attractions and Accommodation
There are many options for accommodation during your stay in Cowes, including Hotel Phillip Island, Holmwood Guesthouse, Central Cowes Townhouses, and The Castle Villa by the Sea. Some other good choices include Woodbyne Resort, Silver Waters Bed and Breakfast, R & R Luxury Beach House Retreat, and Verandah Retreat. Of course, AirBnB always have some great options to suit all budgets and tastes.
With it’s beautiful coastline, surf break, wildlife and numerous attractions guests are likely to want to make a weekend of it so why not opt for a Friday wedding and let them enjoy a relaxing few days on Phillip Island after the wedding?
Click here to read our full list of recommended wedding venues on Phillip Island, Mornington Peninsula, Melbourne & the Yarra Valley
Last Updated on