There are plenty of factors to consider when choosing a wedding photographer so here are a few tips to keep in mind:
1. Experience Level – How much experience does your photographer have? Have they shot many weddings? Do they have a portfolio? Is this a hobby or a profession? Ask questions!
2. Photography Style – What is there photographic style like? When it comes to photography there are so many different styles, candid, classic, formal etc. When you look through their portfolio do you see what you want your wedding day photos to look like? Do you want all color, black and white, both?
3. Chemistry/Personality – You may not have considered this one, but it is just as important as any other. Do you feel comfortable around this photographer? Do you see him/her as someone you could get along with for a whole day?
4. Appearance – Don’t be afraid to ask your photographer how he/she intends to dress on your wedding day, after all this is a wedding! Is this person well groomed?
5. Price Range- Although you do not want to shop by price you do want to make sure that this photographer fits into your budget. What does the cost include, reprints, high resolution photos on a disc, albums? Are they worth the price?
6. Delivery- How long will it take to get your proofs, your finished album, your prints?
7. Contract – Make sure you understand the contract. Is it fair? Does it cover everything, is there room for changes? Will making a change cost you?
8. Deposits & Payments – Be sure to ask about cancellations, amount of deposit, when the final payments are to be made. What type of packages do they offer?
9. Is this the photographer that will be photographing your wedding or will they send in whomever is available? Are you meeting the business owner?
10. Do they bring backup equipment? How many camera bodies and lenses do they use during the day?
Last Updated on